Selecting a Dummy Camera
Here is a step by step guide to purchasing a Dummy Security Camera: Set a spending limit for your fake security camera. The best fake cameras approach the prices of some of the cheaper security cameras.
1. Research real security camera models. Certain models tend to be used more in certain situations. For example, the bubble cams that you see in a department store would look out of place hung over your back door.
2. Look for real glass lenses in the fake security camera. Although this feature will cost you more, real glass lenses are a convincing detail of your fake camera. Plastic lenses, especially flat, non-curved lenses, do not look right and criminals do notice those details.
3. Select a model that has a clearly visible red function light. The red light serves two purposes: it attracts attention to the camera, ensuring that a would-be criminal sees your fake camera, and the red light convinces an observer that the camera is on and filming.
4. Choose a weather-proof housing if you are planning on mounting the fake security camera outdoors. A credible weather proof housing appears sturdy enough to shield the camera from rain and moisture while not obstructing the view of the lens.
5. Pick a fake security camera that has a sturdy mounting bracket. Many fakes are made from lightweight plastic and are secured to a wall or ceiling with brackets that do not look capable of supporting a real camera?s weight, which destroys the illusion.
Copyright 2002-2012 FirstRateSecurity.com All Rights Reserved.